غاب اف ام
الجمعية الخليجية للصحافة وحرية الاعلام
Gulf Association for Press & Free Media GAP&FM
GAP&FM is one of the associations that work under the mother organization, COGIR. As an international NGO that is dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Gulf Journalists in the news industry, GAP&FM works to raise the awareness of free media and journalism in Arabian Gulf states, in addition to the other parts of the world. The members of GAP&FM are a group of journalists, newspaper editors and media personalities who are committed to free media, journalism, freedom of expression, opinion and information and to encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely. GAP&FM plans to serve all the free media initiatives and it runs its own, in order to actively strengthen and consolidate the efforts of free media. In addition to that, GAP&FM provides a forum for discussion, debate, and exchanges of views and experience for journalists, editors, media executives and other media professionals GAP&FM was founded in 2003 as a voluntary not-for-profit professional association for all media and communication members of the Arabian Gulf States (AGS). Today, its membership consists of individual, l journalists, academic and experts throughout the (AGS).
The mission of GAP&FM has remained constant over the years: to enhance the status of Arabian Gulf journalism and to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and cooperative activities among the Arabian Gulf press. GAP&FM works to serve all the free media initiatives and it runs its own, in order to actively strengthen and consolidate the efforts of free media. In addition to that, (GAP&FM) provides a forum for discussion, debate, and exchanges of views and experience for journalists, editors, media executives and other media professionalsAs a network of (AGS) media organizations, journalists and communications professionals, we work to ensure a bright future for Arabian Gulf journalism and the Arab community by promoting robust, independent and financially healthy Arabian Gulf media. We foster the highest ethics, editorial quality and business standards to help our members navigate their challenges and responsibilities, especially those unique to the Jewish media. We share resources and expertise; provide access to professional development; and, when appropriate, advocate for our collective interests. We work to ensure that the concept of self-government outlined by the COGIR’s Arabian Gulf code of ethics remains a reality into future centuries, the (AGS) people must be well informed in order to make decisions regarding their lives, and their local and national communities. It is the role of journalists to provide this information in an accurate, comprehensive, timely and understandable manner
1) To promote, assist, safeguard and defend freedom of the media and allied forms of public communication in the six Arabian Gulf States (AGS).
2) To oversee that journalists, editors, broadcasters, producers, directors, proprietors and all those involved in the media industry in (AGS) adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards.
3) To receive and conciliate, mediate and or arbitrate upon complaints from the public and amongst the media inter se against alleged infringements of the Gulf Code of Ethics.
4) To encourage development of the media profession in (AGS) by undertaking activities including, but not limited to, training of journalists, overseeing press clubs development, to conduct various media freedom campaigns, seminars, workshops and/or symposia.
5) To maintain a register of developments likely to restrict the supply of information of public interest and importance, keep a review of the same, and investigate the conduct and attitude of persons, corporations and governmental bodies at all levels, towards the media, and make public reports on such investigations.
6) To publish papers, journals, newsletters and other materials to achieve these objectives.
7) The organization of special events and projects aimed at advancing an understanding of (AGS) cultural identity, including the presentation of annual awards.
Regional office: Bahrain. Tel: (+973) 77323323 Fax: (+973) 77123123 Postal Address: 80409 Sanad. Bahrain
What we do
الجمعية الخليجية للصحافة وحرية الاعلام. غاب اف ام